We are planning to go ahead with the 2021 FU Covid edition of the KPMG Tortola Torture, subject to any government restrictions and protocols that may be in place at the time, particularly on the limitations for group gatherings.
In order for the event to go ahead and meet all social distancing and safety protocols, we anticipate some format changes to the event.
These protocols will apply to everyone, even those that may have been lucky enough to get the vaccine by then.
The outline changes, which are subject to change, will be confirmed much closer to the time:
Final Registration, Briefing & Pasta Party:
1) Final Registration will be staggered with time slots allocated alphabetically to ensure we don’t breach the limits for public gatherings.
2) All competitors and volunteers will have their temperatures taken and will not permitted to participate with a high temperature (but who would want to!)
3) We will hold a virtual briefing online with the opportunity to submit questions.
4) There will be no pasta party!
Race start & Changeovers
1) Competitors will be required to sanitize on arrival at the start
2) Masks must be worn until 500m from the start
Water Stops & Changeovers
1) All competitors will be required to wear a mask and sanitize before entering each Water Stop.
2) Water Stops will be self-service. Volunteers will be there to assist with sanitizing and replenishing food and water coolers.
3) All food will be pre-packaged – no homemade power treats this year!
4) Masks must be worn until 500m from the changeover/water stop area
1) The Finish Line will be slightly separate from the main finish area. Food and drink will be available there and you will not be permitted to leave that area until you are able to sanitize and put your mask back on.
2) Once you are masked up, you will be able to leave this finish line staging area.
1). Currently no plans for a party or large prize giving. Details still to be determined but it might be a hybrid virtual event with just those that make the podium in attendance.